MURALS / INSTALLATIONS / GRAPHIC DESIGN PROJECTS
The following are recent projects completed for public and private organizations highlighting site-specific painted and digital murals, installations, signage, branded materials, and wedding suites. My work has had a heavy focus with murals in the last few years.
My studio collaborates with several small local businesses to provide archival printing and framing, installation crew for digitally printed murals, letterpress studio and local printers for branding and signage.
Please reach out regarding your upcoming project that you'd like to have come to fruition. Every project I create is site-specific to the client / brand and location. I work in a variety of scales.
Core Studio Values //
My studio focuses on open and transparent communication, problem solving, streamlining the project or commission with the utmost attention to detail and ensuring client satisfaction from concept development through the completion of the project. Creating the perfect piece for your space and finding the right cost for your budget. Some projects require some additional attentiveness post completion and are also of priority.
Travel & COVID //
I am based in Los Angeles and available to travel within COVID restrictions and with the utmost safety measures in place. I am fully vaccinated and so are any team member I would bring on board.
Mural Process: // Other projects entail the same process for applicable phases
Conceptual Design Phase //
1. 30 minute complimentary design consultation with the client to understand their vision, aesthetic, or color palettes preferred. A questionnaire can also be emailed instead of a phone call.
2. Mural conceptual design development can range anywhere from 2 - 20 hours depending on the desired aesthetic. Concept development fee ranges from $300 to $3,000. With more information on the client's desired aesthetic, I can provide a more accurate fee. If the client has inspiration and palette visuals this will decrease the overall conceptual development time. Three initial concepts and two revisions are included in the fee. I do not submit any design concepts for free to potential clients. I prefer to make a site visit (if possible) to document the walls and include the photos for the mockups / concepts so the client can see the visual of what the design(s) would look like.
3. Depending on the desired aesthetic of the mural and current schedule, I would provide concepts between 2 - 12 days. After client feedback, revisions would be provided between 2 - 8 days.
Pricing / Estimates / Payment //
1. I price my murals by the hour instead of by the square feet which most muralists do. This provides the most cost effective fee for the client and myself based on the aesthetic of the design and hours for completion. For example, a wall with a more minimal design will be less expensive than a wall with a more complex design based on hours to complete. Depending on the size, surface (drywall, concrete, brick, wood), and environment (interior, exterior, surface of ground) of the mural will determine the amount of supplies and equipment will be required. Because each mural is completely different in scope and design, I would provide a more accurate fee in detail.
2. My hourly fee ranges from $150 - $175 depending on the complexity, wall surface, and site conditions. I also provide payment plans with no interest for budget flexibility.
3. I require a 30% deposit to book the project which would include the design fee, 20% to begin the project, and 50% due upon completion. Should you only want to first proceed with conceptual development then that is an option also. In that case, 50% deposit due to begin design and 50% due upon completion. All of the information would be included to the overall estimate.
4. The estimate I would provide you with is broken down in sections; scope, conceptual design, supplies and equipment, travel, payment schedule and information. An invoice with a schedule would be provided, and then a deposit would be required to purchase materials, reserve any equipment and/or travel expenses. From there, payment plans can be discussed for the remainder of the mural fee. Payment types accepted; Electronic direct deposit, Venmo, Check, or Paypal.
Project Documentation & Social Media //
1. I document every project with videos and stills. Client confidentiality is important to me should you not want to share any process or completed photos until you are ready. I am privy to NDA's should you, the client, project require one. I always request content approval for any social media post, sharing with you photo(s) and text to be approved about our collaboration. I share content on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, my website, and a digital newsletter to my email campaign list.
Additional Assistants //
1. Depending on the size and complexity of the design and wall, and desired scheduled goal to completion, it will determine if mural assistants need to be hired other than myself. This information would be provided in the estimate.